Doctors Sara and Lisa talk to Dr Maiedha Raza to find out her take on issues of Equality and Diversity in General Practice. This is a gentle dive into the very complex world of diversity and inclusivity with messages of how we can improve our culture in the NHS.
You can use these podcasts as part of your CPD - we don’t do certificates but they still count :)
- Talks by Nancy Kline: Time to Think: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNF-NcrXmaOHp1KmLxIuNOw
- Pulse Article: Over one in five young GPs has experienced racism at work (Jan 2023): https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/workforce/over-one-in-five-young-gps-has-experienced-racism-at-work/
- Psychological Safety: https://psychsafety.co.uk/about-psychological-safety/
- TED Talk by Amy Edmonson Building a Psychologically Safe Workplace (May 2014): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhoLuui9gX8
- British Medical Association Equality and Diversity Guidance: https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/equality-and-diversity-guidance
- British Medical Association Delivering Racial Equality in Medicine Report (2020): https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/equality-and-diversity-guidance/race-equality-in-medicine/delivering-racial-equality-in-medicine
- NHS leadership Academy Inclusion, Equality and Diversity Resources: https://www.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/inclusion-equality-and-diversity/
- NHS Leadership Inclusivity Course: https://www.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/programme-course-1-inclusive-leadership-in-health-and-care/
- Induction Resources for International Medical Graduates: https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/nhs-induction-programme-for-international-medical-graduates/#:~:text=The%20National%20Induction%20programme%20has,transition%20to%20UK%20clinical%20practice.
- TED Talk By Tiffany Alvoid: Eliminating Microaggressions: The Next Level of Inclusion: https://www.ted.com/talks/tiffany_alvoid_eliminating_microaggressions_the_next_level_of_inclusion
- Professor Camara Jones Talk on Anti-Racism and Health: Levels of Health Intervention (Nov 2022): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEHXVUiUMtU
- Toolkit: Being an Ally: https://www.imperial.nhs.uk/-/media/website/about-us/how-we-work/equality-and-diversity/allyship-toolkit_14_03.pdf?rev=ff58666cce764881ac223312733c4abb&hash=93DED6E338883958AD0176E3FC130E86
We really want to make these episodes relevant and helpful: if you have any questions or want any particular areas covered then contact us on Twitter @PCKBpodcast, or leave a comment on our really quick anonymous survey here: https://pckb.org/feedback
This podcast has been made with the support of GP Excellence and Wigan CCG. Given that it is recorded with Greater Manchester clinicians, the information discussed may not be applicable elsewhere and it is important to consult local guidelines before making any treatment decisions.
The information presented is the personal opinion of the healthcare professional interviewed and might not be representative to all clinicians. It is based on their interpretation of current best practice and guidelines when the episode was recorded. Guidelines can change; To the best of our knowledge the information in this episode is up to date as of it’s release but it is the listeners responsibility to review the information and make sure it is still up to date when they listen.
Dr Lisa Adams, Dr Sara MacDermott and their interviewees are not liable for any advice, investigations, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products listeners might pursue as a result of listening to this podcast - it is the clinicians responsibility to appraise the information given and review local and national guidelines before making treatment decisions. Reliance on information provided in this podcast is solely at the listeners risk.
The podcast is designed to be used by trained healthcare professionals for education only. We do not recommend these for patients or the general public and they are not to be used as a method of diagnosis, opinion, treatment or medical advice for the general public. Do not delay seeking medical advice based on the information contained in this podcast. If you have questions regarding your health or feel you may have a medical condition then promptly seek the opinion of a trained healthcare professional.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.